Re/Gather at Emmanuel
Emmanuel Evangelical Free Church return from the COVID-19 pandemic
We are so thankful for you and your families, and your continued help throughout this season we have found ourselves in throughout the world. Your support, prayers and patience have been so powerful. Thank you! As you have heard Pastor Kent Martens indicate, we are ready to welcome you back to church starting on August 23, 2020.
We are so excited!
Of course, for a while, things won't look like they have always looked - we've made a few changes while you've been away. As we prepare to regather, here are some of the details you need to know.
- The first Service is at 9 am with a second service at 11 am.
- Starting October 4, you no longer need to pre-book your seats. Just show up on Sunday and you are ready to go. There will be volunteers at each door to take down your name and phone number for contact tracing purposes.
- Social Distancing is still in effect, we ask you to please seat yourself three seats away from those outside of your household.
- There is a lot of detail below, please take some time to read over it to know what to expect on Sunday morning.
For Sunday Morning
- We will have two services, one at 9 am and one at 11 am. Both services will look identical featuring both traditional and contemporary music.
- You no longer need to pre-book your seats. Just show up on Sunday morning and you are ready to go!
- There will be no child care or family rooms available. Everyone is welcome in the main service in the auditorium.
- If you are sick or have travelled in the past 14 days, do not come to church.
- There are lots of details, so please watch the above walkthrough video for a complete run down.
- There will be corporate worship which increases the risk of droplets, therefore we encourage those who are uncomfortable or are considered to be vulnerable to not attend.
Please watch the video below for more details for what the morning will look like.
For Your Safety
- Social Distancing is in effect. This is required by the Province of Manitoba. Our ushers and greeters will help remind you to stay at least 6 feet away from those not in your family throughout the morning.
- There will be no eKids or eStudents at this time.
- The Hub will be closed during this time. This means there will be no coffee or cafe services.
- There will be no giving plate passed around. However, we have installed giving boxes at the back of the auditorium for your convenience. Additionally, you may continue to give online, via pre-authorized giving or through the Emmanuel EFC App.
- Masks are optional and encouraged and hand sanitizer will be provided throughout the building.
How We Will Operate
- Seating is limited during this season. Services may be added as required.
- The main building will remain closed Monday-Saturday while our office continues to be open Monday- Thursday.
- We have re-purposed and re-trained volunteers and staff to help ensure we are following what the Province of Manitoba is asking of churches.
- We have deployed regular and intense cleaning of all areas.
- To assist with building maintenance and cleaning, the Hub, Shack and Adult Wing areas will remain closed on Sundays with limited access throughout the week.
- Effective on Sunday August 23, we will be live streaming our services every Sunday at 11 am or on-demand anytime after that for those not yet comfortable to return to church.
If you have any questions we encourage you to reach out to the office by email at or by phone, Monday-Thursday, 8:30 am-4:00 pm at 204- 326-9865.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!