Re/Gather at Emmanuel
Emmanuel Evangelical Free Church return from the COVID-19 pandemic
We are so thankful for you and your families, and your continued help throughout this season we have found ourselves in throughout the world. Your support, prayers and patience have been so powerful. Thank you! As you have heard Pastor Kent Martens indicate, we are ready to welcome you back to church starting on August 23, 2020.
We are so excited!
Of course, for a while, things won't look like they have always looked - we've made a few changes while you've been away. As we prepare to regather, here are some of the details you need to know.
- The first Service is August 23, 2020 at 9am. We will add services at 11am and beyond (when demand warrants).
- This is a ticketed event (yes, its free!). In order to assist with social distancing and building capacities, we invite you to visit this link to select your seats. Walk-ups will not be permitted.
- There is a lot of detail below, but please help your family and friends (especially those who may not be able to register online) get this information and get their seats selected. We need your help with this.
Please watch the video below for more information about upcoming services.
For August 23, 2020
- We will have one service at 9 am.
- Please select your tickets (for your entire family) by visiting THIS SITE.
- There will be no child care or family rooms available. Everyone is welcome in the main service in the auditorium.
- If you are sick or have travelled in the past 14 days, do not come to church.
- There are lots of details, so please watch the above walkthrough video for a complete run down.
- There will be corporate worship which increases the risk of droplets, therefore we encourage those who are uncomfortable or are considered to be vulnerable to not attend.
For Your Safety
- Social Distancing is in effect. This is required by the Province of Manitoba. Our ushers and greeters will help remind you to stay at least 6 feet away from those not in your family throughout the morning.
- There will be no eKids or eStudents at this time.
- The Hub will be closed during this time. This means there will be no coffee or cafe services.
- There will be no giving plate passed around. However, we have installed giving boxes at the back of the auditorium for your convenience. Additionally, you may continue to give online, via pre-authorized giving or through the Emmanuel EFC App.
- Masks are optional (so, please provide your own if you would like one) and hand sanitizer will be provided throughout the building.
How We Will Operate
- Seating is limited during this season. Services may be added as required.
- The main building will remain closed Monday-Saturday while our office continues to be open Monday- Thursday.
- We have re-purposed and re-trained volunteers and staff to help ensure we are following what the Province of Manitoba is asking of churches.
- We have deployed regular and intense cleaning of all areas.
- To assist with building maintenance and cleaning, the Hub, eKids, Shack and Adult Wing areas will remain closed at all times (including Sunday).
- Effective on Sunday August 23, we will be live streaming our services for those not yet comfortable to return to church.
If you have any questions we encourage you to reach out to the office by email at or by phone, Monday-Thursday, 8:30 am-4:00 pm at 204- 326-9865.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!